Please send your culture related pitches or completed pieces here. We are looking for everything from interviews with artists to reviews on books and films to coverage on emerging cultural trends. Please note, these should be journalistic articles, not personal essays.
For personal essays, please submit to the creative non-fiction
For all submissions, please provide a brief biography including previous writing-related experiences and relevant publications. Please also note which department your pitch falls under.
For pitches, please provide a two-page proposal that includes the following:
- An overview of the central message of the article you propose. Preferably three or four paragraphs — preferably anecdotal — that introduce us to your point of view.
- Declare what is new, innovative, useful, counterintuitive, or controversial about the topic.
- What are the implications both in the near and long term for Asian Americans and others?
- Why are you proposing the article? How did you happen upon the topic?
- How did you go about researching the topic? What further research must you do? Describe your sources or other connections.
- How long do you propose the article will be?
- What makes you uniquely qualified to write this article?
If you are submitting a pitch, you must also include three clips of previous work.
Please note this is NOT the place to submit original artwork or works of literature. This is for pitches to cover these categories ONLY.