For all health-related pitches and articles. Please note, these should be journalistic articles, not personal essays. For personal essays, please submit to the creative non-fiction department.
For all submissions, please provide a brief biography including previous
writing-related experiences and relevant publications.
For pitches, please provide a two-page proposal that includes the following:
overview of the central message of the article you propose. Preferably
three or four paragraphs — preferably anecdotal — that introduce us to
your point of view.
- Declare what is new, innovative, useful, counterintuitive, or controversial about the topic.
- What are the implications both in the near and long term for Asian Americans and others?
- Why are you proposing the article? How did you happen upon the topic?
- How did you go about researching the topic? What further research must you do? Describe your sources or other connections.
- How long do you propose the article will be?
- What makes you uniquely qualified to write this article?